> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Zoning, Planning and Land Use > What type of lawyer should I be looking for to help me with my problem?

What type of lawyer should I be looking for to help me with my problem?

1 Answers. Asked on Jan 21st, 2016 on Zoning, Planning and Land Use - New Jersey
More details to this question:
During a storm in the summer of 2015. My neighbor large trees almost hit my house. The large trees landed in my yard. I contacted the code enforcement in my township. They sent her out a summons for court, but she never showed up for court. So they have a warrant out for her. The township will not send the warrant out to her house. The township stated that when she is pulled over by police she will have to answer to the warrant. The township keeps playing games with me because they know that my neighbor is 84 years old and does not drive. I can't afford to hirer a tree company to clean up my neighbor trees in my yard. What kind of lawyer do I need to get my neighbor or the township to clean up this mess in my yard. If I am not in please leave a message and I will return your call. Thank you
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Jan 26th, 2016 at 5:35 AM

You should probably look for a land use lawyer who can try to force the municipal government to do what is necessary and clean up the property.  Many times the municipality will cite a property for not being in compliance with the code requiring the grass to be cut, or trash on the property and then if the homeowner does not clean it up, the town cleans it up and charges the home owner.  If the homeowner does not pay, they put a lien against the property.  you want a land use lawyer who will tell the town this is their responsibility. 

Report Abuse
Zoning, Planning and Land Use
Have an Zoning, Planning and Land Use Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

311 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

224 Answers, 44 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

175 Answers, 24 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

110 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

75 Answers, 27 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

69 Answers, 33 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

64 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums